The Foxboro Jaycees continue our mission of community development and trying to make our small corner of the world better, event during COVID-19
“Seniors Rock” — an idea to beautify the Doolittle Home garden with painted rocks made with love.
The idea is from Sarah LaBrache, aged 8, a student at the Igo School and daughter of Foxboro Jaycee Amy LaBrache.
Sarah’s great grandmother is a Doolittle resident. Sarah is missing being able to visit her and be in the same room with her because of the COVID-19 crisis, and understands we need to maintain social distancing, but still wants to make the seniors happy. .
The Jaycees wanted to spread some sunshine to the Doolittle Home residents in a way that is safe during this time of social distancing.
The rocks were painted by Foxboro’s young and young at heart!
The rocks were placed by two Jaycees at the Doolittle home’s Park along their walkway for their residents to enjoy
Seniors Rock!! Thank you to all who painted and donated rocks for the walking area at the Doolittle Home! And a huge THANK YOU to project chairman Sarah LaBrache (youngest Foxboro Jaycee project chairman ever!) for organizing this wonderful event and placing the rocks earlier this morning! Sarah.. YOU ROCK!!
In May 2020, the Jaycees placed these inspirational posters around town to cheer people up and let them know we are still here — the signs received great feedback and made people happy.
The Foxboro Jaycees are closely following the COVID-19 National Emergency and are fully prepared to follow any edicts set forth by the Governor of Massachusetts. Out of concern for public safety, obeying the current restrictions on gatherings, and the need to do our part to help limit and mitigate the spread of the illness, we will be adjusting our scheduled events as required.
The Board will continue to monitor and discuss the situation. We will try to make educated decisions on what we feel is in the best interest of the chapter and the public as a whole.
We will keep you updated on our projects/events.
Spreading Hope and Making a Difference During Covid-19
- 5/15/2020 Inspirational Signs posted around Foxboro. [CLICK HERE]
- 4/8/2020 “Seniors Rock” — an idea to beautify the Doolittle Home garden with painted rocks made with love. 4/2/4020 Easter Bunny rode in a convertible around Foxboro and waved to over 100 houses and Doolittle Home [Click here]
On hold, will resume after the COVID-19 Pandemic Orders Are Lifted:
- Jaycee Monthly Trivia at Redstone Grille
Postponed until Covid-19 restrictions are lifted
- Annual Foxboro Jaycees Installation Banquet
- 8/22/2020: The Stakes Are High – For the second year the Foxboro Jaycees placed colorful flags on the common representing the 9,845 lives lost from addiction. Because of public gathering restrictions, there will be no formal programs or speakers, however the flags were on Foxboro Common for two weeks. Pictures: [Click Here]
- Second Wednesday of the Month – Monthly General Membership Meeting – until further notice will be held virtually (On Zoom); members — check your email for Zoom information.
- Monthly Jaycee Book Club – until further notice will be held virtually (On Zoom) – Book Club members will receive connection information.
- Candidates Night – Because Foxboro Town elections — usually held in May were been postponed to June 8, Jaycee candidates night was held and recorded virtually and broadcast on Foxboro Cable Access until election day.
Canceled; will not be held in 2020-2021
- August: Community Night Out – Canceled. Due to the new limit of 50 people on outdoor gatherings enacted by Massachusetts Governor Baker August 7, will not be held.
- Remainder of Summer Concerts on the Common Series: Due to the new limit of 50 people on outdoor gatherings enacted by Massachusetts Governor Baker August 7, the Foxboro Jaycees regrettably announce the cancellation of the remainder of our 2020 summer concerts season. The Foxboro Jaycees are profoundly grateful for everyone who came out to all three of the concerts we had this summer! It was great to see you! Thank you very much to Space Captain, The Gobshites and Jennifer Tefft for their incredible performances. And thank you to all those that were scheduled to play. We are sorry that we could not get to have you on our stage.
- Foxboro Jaycees Spring Vendor Fair – (Scheduled for May 16) – Canceled
- All Foxboro Jaycees Founders Day Activities Canceled – Founders Day Committee Announced 4/28 that Founders Day 2020 (June 13) – Canceled
- Foxboro Jaycees Annual Easter Egg Hunt on The Common – (Scheduled for 4/4) – Canceled
- Foxboro Jaycees Annual Scat/31 card Game Night – (Scheduled for 3/21) – Canceled
- Darkness to Light training – Canceled; will be rescheduled by Foxboro Recreation later this year.