The Foxboro Jaycees are closely following the COVID-19 National Emergency and are fully prepared to follow any edicts set forth by the Governor of Massachusetts. Out of concern for public safety, obeying the current restrictions on gatherings, and the need to do our part to help limit and mitigate the spread of the illness, we will be adjusting our scheduled events as required.
The Board will continue to monitor and discuss the situation. We will try to make educated decisions on what we feel is in the best interest of the chapter and the public as a whole.
We will keep you updated on our projects/events.
On hold, will resume after the COVID-19 Pandemic Orders Are Lifted:
- Jaycee Monthly Trivia at Redstone Grille (Jaycee Trivia will be virtual until further notice)
Modified Due to the Pandemic but still happening / happened:
- December, 2020: Caroling on The Common (Virtual, filmed safely at Rodman Center), Jaycee holiday banners, decorating the common, nativity set on the common, assist a kid/assist a senior, Christmas fruit baskets (smaller crowd and safe), Foxboro Jaycees holiday house decorating contest
November 21, 2020: Turkeys for Veterans still happened! Due to the pandemic, we could not deliver, so we set up a safe curbside drive through at the South Foxboro Community Center parking lot; it was a huge success!
- October: Annual Foxboro Jaycees Installation Banquet, usually held in April, was held 10/24/2020 in a much smaller format.
- 8/22/2020: The Stakes Are High – For the second year the Foxboro Jaycees placed colorful flags on the common representing the 9,845 lives lost from addiction. Because of public gathering restrictions, there will be no formal programs or speakers, however the flags were on Foxboro Common for two weeks. Pictures: [Click Here]
- Second Wednesday of the Month – Monthly General Membership Meeting – until further notice will be held virtually (On Zoom); members — check your email for Zoom information.
- Monthly Jaycee Book Club – until further notice will be held virtually (On Zoom) – Book Club members will receive connection information.
- Candidates Night – Because Foxboro Town elections — usually held in May — were been postponed to June 8, Jaycee candidates night was held and recorded virtually and broadcast on Foxboro Cable Access until election day.
Canceled; will not be held in 2020-2021
- December / Christmas 2020: Canceled: Progressive Dinner, Yankee Swap, Town Tree Lighting (Light Up The Town) Gathering
- October: Due to ongoing COVID-19 restrictions on gatherings, the annual Jaycee autumn vendor fair on the common is canceled.
- August: Community Night Out – Canceled. Due to the new limit of 50 people on outdoor gatherings enacted by Massachusetts Governor Baker August 7, will not be held.
- Remainder of Summer Concerts on the Common Series: Due to the new limit of 50 people on outdoor gatherings enacted by Massachusetts Governor Baker August 7, the Foxboro Jaycees regrettably announce the cancellation of the remainder of our 2020 summer concerts season. The Foxboro Jaycees are profoundly grateful for everyone who came out to all three of the concerts we had this summer! It was great to see you! Thank you very much to Space Captain, The Gobshites and Jennifer Tefft for their incredible performances. And thank you to all those that were scheduled to play. We are sorry that we could not get to have you on our stage.
- Foxboro Jaycees Spring Vendor Fair – (Scheduled for May 16) – Canceled
- All Foxboro Jaycees Founders Day Activities Canceled – Founders Day Committee Announced 4/28 that Founders Day 2020 (June 13) – Canceled
- Foxboro Jaycees Annual Easter Egg Hunt on The Common – (Scheduled for 4/4) – Canceled
- Foxboro Jaycees Annual Scat/31 card Game Night – (Scheduled for 3/21) – Canceled
- Darkness to Light training – Canceled; will be rescheduled virtually