The Categories / Rules / How To Enter
1. “Bing Crosby” Award: Most traditional / Classic – Old Fashioned Nostalgia
2. “Martha Stewart” Award: Elegant – Low-key – Not overdone, not simple, just enough, very tasteful
3. “Over the Rainbow” Award – Must use ALL colors of the rainbow to be considered: Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Purple
4. “Toy Land” award: Use of animatronics, air-inflated decorations, things that move, etc.
5. “The WOW Factor” Award: Most Creative / Original – this can be anything, something different, something special, something unique, something we haven’t seen before, or just a great idea.
6. “Miracle on 34th Street” Award – Best Decorated Business
7. “Clark Griswold” Award: Over-The-Top (Most likely to be seen from space) / “Friend of the Electric Company”
8. The People’s Choice – this is the display the public votes for by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
(Note: There is no overall “best” award because we feel it defeats the purpose of having categories. A house that looks like Trans-Siberian orchestra with lasers would obviously win “best,” so we have categories where people with different styles / taste / ideas all get to participate
2022 CONTEST WILL START DECEMBER 3, 2022
HOW TO ENTER YOUR HOUSE INTO THE CONTEST: If you would like to participate, anyone who lives in Foxboro can enter simply by sending an email to email@example.com and giving your address. We respectfully request entries from Foxboro Homes/House; this way we do not step on the toes of other town decoration contests. We ask for a name, street address, email address and phone so we can contact you if you win. EMAIL MUST BE RECEIVED PRIOR TO ENTRY DEADLINE IS SUNDAY DECEMBER 18 at 12:01AM.
WE WILL DRIVE BY AND STOP TO SEE YOUR ENTRY THE EVENINGS OF DECEMBER 18-21 2022. Jaycee Committee members will look at the homes and businesses entered and take a picture or two.
HOW TO VOTE FOR THE PEOPLE’S CHOICE: We encourage everyone in town to also see the houses and send their “people’s choice” address to firstname.lastname@example.org Only houses entered in the contest are eligible so check the list first! WE REMIND SPECTATORS TO STAY IN THEIR CAR AND NOT WALK AROUND PEOPLE’S YARDS. DO NOT trespass on private property or disturb any of the displays. We ask the public to submit votes for the people’s choice award to email@example.com with a subject of PEOPLE’S CHOICE and a simple, “I nominate [address] as the people’s choice.”
E-MAIL VOTING DEADLINE for “People’s choice” award is also SUNDAY DECEMBER 18 at 12:01AM
Winners will be contacted via email before January 1, 2023 and on Facebook and our Website.
Note: There is no physical prize (except bragging rights, which is pretty cool!)
Send any questions and your entries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Let’s spread some light and Cheer this Holiday Season…